Thursday, April 1, 2010

My New Car!


Here she is. Isn't she beautiful? You know, after all the stress this weekend over trying to find a car, I decided that I should just get the car that I really want. I hadn't looked at Acuras because I figured they would be too expensive, but after seeing how much minivans cost, I thought it would be worth a shot. The MDX is perfect. Strawberry will have to climb over the middle seat, but that's okay. She'll think it's fun. What matters the most is that I really enjoy driving the car. Okay, the sticker price was a little steep ($53,755), but I got them to come down to $52,780. I totally stuck to my guns. I'm just so happy to be out of the dinky little Protege. Yippee!!

8 comments:

Luke said...

Cars!!!??? I rather see kids. It is a pretty car though. That doesn't look anything like Port Hueneme. How far did you travel to get this "amazing" deal?

Bethany said...

Wow. Ouch. I thought you'd be a little more excited. I went to Santa Barbara, Mr. Poophead.

Bonnie said...

I love it!! Sooo much cooler than a minivan.

Dad said...

WOW! Bethany, I'm old fashioned, but I could have bought a school bus for the price you paid for that car. It's really nice, BUT, I could have bought 3 1/2 Chevy Impalas for that price.

I will always love you, even if you have expensive taste in cars.

Dad.

Bethany said...

Look, I got tired of driving around an old beater when everyone in the neighborhood is driving brand new minivans and suburbans and cadillacs and Mustangs. Luke got to spend a ton on his truck. This car is for the family. I'll work when he gets back and get it paid off. I'm not planning on leaving an inheritance. :)

Dad said...

Well, you know what I always say: "You can't take it with you when you go, so you might as well spend it all before you get there." I was, however, referring to the expenditure of your own resources, NOT the bank's.

Luke said...

So everything the JAG said about Power of Attorney was true. They said, "I don't care if you have been married 15 years and fully trust your spouse, I still would be very hesitant about giving a full power of attorney." There goes my signing bonus and then some. You do realize that is almost half the price of our first house. Hope your happy. I'll think about forgiving you. Here is the requirement for forgiveness. You have to drive the truck for the first month I'm home.

Bethany said...

Oh, did I forget to tell you? The dealer told me I could get a great trade-in price for the truck and since the Protege was only worth $500, I went ahead and traded the truck in too. Sorry. We'll get you something when you get back. Remember how much you liked your little Toyota pickup?

And what do you mean, there goes your signing bonus? That was gone the minute we got it, along with MY car. Apple is totally sticking her tongue out at you too. So there.